Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 13: Dr. Seuss - The Zax & Elementary Students perform "Landslide"


Dr. Seuss says, "Don't be a ZAX! Adapt!"
I have a TON of Dr. Seuss' books in my son's library and my own personal library at home. This video was really cute and delivered it's message in a fun and unique way. As the world changes, we must change with it and adapt ourselves in order to survive. As fast paced as everyone and everything appears to be these days, it baffles me that people still fight the rapid growth of technology. Honestly, I think some people see no harm done by avoiding these kind of changes. It's sad, really. I've got a loooong way to go before I will feel completely prepared to convince anyone that I am technology literate. But, I am constantly teaching myself and that truly is the only way to keep up with it all. The first step is admitting that technology is expanding and we need to expand our minds with it. Secondly, we need to be willing to learn and change our "old school" ways.

PS22 Chorus of "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac
This video was so sweet and instantly warmed my heart. I felt like these were my children singing to me. I think it is absolutely okay for students to post their work on the web. Should it be monitored by a parent and/or administrator at all times? Yes, indeed. As long as my son is living under my roof and under the age of 18, I will be keeping him as safe as possible on the computer. It can be a dangerous playground, but the horror stories we hear shouldn't convince a person to keep his children or student's work unpublished.

I think the comments for kids assignment we were introduced to this semester in EDM 310 was wonderful! I got to see how teachers were incorporating lesson plans while allowing her students to exhibit their work on the web. Teachers such as Mrs. Georend and Ms. Yollis did a wonderful job of monitoring the work and approving all comments before they could be published. This is a great example of how to ensure the student's safety while giving them creative opportunities to express themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment