Thursday, April 8, 2010

Comments for Kids:10

This week I commented on Andy A.'s blog post titled: "Michael Jordan." Mrs. Goerend assigned her class to write an opinion essay and in a way persuade the reader to agree or disagree. Here is a copied version of my comment to Andy in response to his blog post about Michael Jordan coming back and playing for the NBA:

Dear Andy A.,

Hello. My name is Ingrid Welborn and I am a college student at the University of South Alabama. My dad and I are both basketball fans and I can speak for the both of us in that we would love to see Michael Jordan come back and play for the NBA! I enjoyed reading your post because I can tell you did your homework and researched his past achievements to provide the reader with facts. One day not far from now, you will learn how to write a research paper and it looks like you've got a good head start. I did a little homework on Michael Jordan myself and I thought I'd share with you what I found:

A brief listing of his top accomplishments would include the following: Rookie of the Year; Five-time NBA MVP; Six-time NBA champion; Six-time NBA Finals MVP; Ten-time All-NBA First Team; Nine time NBA All-Defensive First Team; Defensive Player of the Year; 14-time NBA All-Star; Three-time NBA All-Star MVP; 50th Anniversary All-Time Team; Ten scoring titles -- an NBA record and seven consecutive matching Wilt Chamberlain; Retired with the NBA's highest scoring average of 30.1ppg. (but you already knew that!) I found this information from the following website:
http://www.nba.com/history/players/jordan_bio.html

However, his impact is far greater than awards and championships. He came into the league as a rookie and ended his career as a cultural icon. Great post, Andy! You do a wonderful job of persuading the reader by providing facts while simultaneously not insulting anyone to get your point across.

Ingrid W.
University of South Alabma, Student

No comments:

Post a Comment